Mission, Core Values and Guiding Principles
To nurture the healing ministry of the Church, supported by education and research. Fidelity to the Gospel urges us to emphasize human dignity and social justice as we create healthier communities.
Reverence – Profound respect and awe for all of creation, the foundation that shapes spirituality, our relationships with others and our journey to God.
Integrity – Moral wholeness, soundness, fidelity, trust, truthfulness in all we do.
Compassion – Solidarity with one another, capacity to enter into another’s joy and sorrow.
Excellence – Preeminent performance, becoming the benchmark, putting forth our personal and professional best.
1. Focus on the poor, alienated, and underserved
2. Strengthen personal and community capabilities through process
3. Engage people in defining issue, approach, and results
4. Work for long lasting results and improved systems
5. Use diversity to create innovative solutions
6. Collaborate with others